Wednesday 15 June 2011

progress so far

In my last post but one, I promised to share some pictures of the progress we had made decorating our kitchen - well as someone once said, better late than never.
I should add that I am aware, that the pictures below aren't actually of a kitchen, but that's because we removed the dividing wall between the kitchen and sitting room to make one open plan space, and at the minute I haven't taken any pictures of the kitchen end.
Also apologies for the rubbish pictures, they really were not meant to be published, but if I wait until I have staged, perfectly lit pictures.... well it won't be any time soon. :)

































 This is the sitting room when we moved in - it felt very dark and I particularly didn't like the fireplace.















And this is the space now.The paint is Dix Blue by Farrow and Ball and the paper is Summer Palace from Laura Ashley























I had intended on sanding the surround but in the end just painted it in a white satinwood and spray painted the brass trim, with of all things, barbecue paint.  The blue chair you can just about see on the left was originally pine, I painted it with Annie Sloan's chalk paint in Duck Egg Blue.  I specifically used this paint as you don't have to sand or prime the furniture before hand and it seems to be holding up pretty well.














I have to include a picture of the curtains, they are handmade by yours truly and I am so proud of them as I am so not a seamstress.  I went to a little sewing class and they were my third project - the first and second being a cushion cover and a bag.  I am not only delighted they turned out so well but also quite astonished.


Pics of the kitchen end of the room to follow soon. xx

1 comment:

  1. Oh that is looking lovely! So much lighter and brighter. And well done you for making the curtains, they look fabulous x

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my little, and often neglected blog. Given the choice between writing my own post or reading one of yours, all too often your post wins. So when I do manage to put something together and you take the time to read it, it means a lot. When you take the time to comment it really makes my day. So thank you for visiting, and for any and all feedback you leave. xx