Monday 30 April 2012

Fathers Day Card

In an attempt at becoming more organised I've made a start on this years Fathers Day cards.  Fathers Day falls on June 17th this year, so I really am starting early, astonishingly early for me in fact, as I can usually be found still finishing cards on the big day itself - whatever the big day may be.    I'm also sorting through my crafty stash and finally using what I find.



This card has been made using a Redhotbed "clutter card" decoupage sheet, DCWV "all about boys" backing papers and American Craft badges.  I followed sketch 67 at Papertake Weelkly, but was having problems deciding on the finishing touches it needed when I remembered a fabulous card I had seen recently.  Tracy's cards are all amazing and as soon as I saw the tabs on her tiny blessings card I knew I was going to try them - although I didn't think it would be so quite so soon.  It still needs something in the bottom left hand corner, but I  don't know what yet so have decided to leave it for the minute and hope inspiration strikes.

Result!  While I was tidying my desk I found some male themed die-cuts I'd taken out earlier to maybe use on my card.  Of course, I forgot all about them once they were buried under a pile of papers, but lo and behold amongst them was the (I think) perfect finishing touch to that left hand corner.  I love it when that happens.

6 comments:

  1. Great card thanks for joining us at Papertake weekly.
    Angie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Tammy

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your kind comment :)

    This card is gorgeous, I love all the detail in the image and I love those arrow tabs you have used, they make a nice touch.

    Joey xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tammy, just saw you on another site and wanted to say love your card...this is fantastic ...(May have been Joey's blog I saw your name too). This is one cool card...cheers, Annie from Oz ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brilliant idea darlin love this super dads card, eeh im terrible and never make family cards I buy them eek, this is just gorgeous lovely lady xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Father's Day card Tammy! How nice to be ahead in the game too! Yea for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card, love the papers you've used. Glad you found a box solution too :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my little, and often neglected blog. Given the choice between writing my own post or reading one of yours, all too often your post wins. So when I do manage to put something together and you take the time to read it, it means a lot. When you take the time to comment it really makes my day. So thank you for visiting, and for any and all feedback you leave. xx